ARD Logistics in Ladson, SC
Key Logistics Solutions in N. Charleston, SC
The General Warehouse Associate (Driver) will be responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of shipping, receiving, and picking. Activities may include but are not limited to loading or unloading, scanning, moving, staging, replenishing, and stacking product. This individual is also responsible for counting and inspecting product and notifying leadership when there are damages or discrepancies. These Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
As part of the team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The shipping functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move product, and stack products or materials. Associates must efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers. All shipping functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- The receiving functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, move product, replenish, stack and store products or materials. Associates must efficiently and accurately locate and place products in the appropriate storage areas. All receiving functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- The picking functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack, package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s) as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
- The quality control functions include but are not limited to: using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled, and shipped correctly. Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
- All associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
- Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility. Associates must also maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse.
- Associates will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- In performing assigned duties the equipment used can include, but is not limited to: sit-down & stand-up forklift, reach truck, sweeper scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, or pallet jack.
- Delivery Vans and Box Trucks.
- Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
- On a daily basis, associates will inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must fill out all paperwork correctly
- Must maintain acceptable attendance in accordance with policy
- Must meet productivity standards
- Must meet error ratio standards
- Must be certified on forklift
- Must complete all training for Inbound and Outbound operations
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed
- Must maintain housekeeping assignments
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Some experience with RF technology is preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment is desired.
- Prior forklift operator experience is highly desired.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and accomplish job tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- English (reading, writing, and verbal).
- Basic reading and writing skills required.
- Basic to Intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing, and distributing client products.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Current or past material handling experience and/or certification is desired on specific types of equipment based on the nature of the business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted. Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day and overtime as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a logistics/distribution center/warehouse environment including exposure to changing building temperatures. Work involves occasional lifting up to 25 pounds unassisted, operating material handling equipment, bending, stooping, reaching, and climbing.