Parts Specialist I - VITEC
# Positions available: 2
Job Location: US-MI-Detroit
Work Day: Tuesday - Saturday, Other, Weekend hours may be required
Work Shift: Varies during training.
Work Shift: Other, Evening/Night hours may be required.
Skills/Competency Check: Driver's License
The Parts Specialist I provides counter service to city employees who need parts/equipment to perform their jobs. The Parts Specialist I will assist with inventory control, data entry in inventory systems, customer service, and may occasionally drive a VITEC vehicle to pick up parts.
Provide quality customer service to include but not limited to the following:
•Attention to detail
• Review, familiarize with and adhere to VITEC SOPs and Safety Manual
•Review, familiarize with and adhere to Policy and Procedures Manual
•Meet and greet customers
• Review supplied requisition forms to ensure they are properly completed (Signatures, timestamps, part numbers, descriptions, and quantities)
• Answer questions regarding availability of parts
• Ask appropriate questions to ensure correct parts are researched and provided
• Inform customers when requested parts are available
• Assist Operations Manager and Assistant Operations Manager with duties as assigned.
Parts Pick up
•Drive vehicle to designated locations to purchase/pick up parts
• Provide company documentation to vendors as required (tax exempt form, credit references)
• Review all invoices at vendor location to ensure accuracy on pricing and quantities
• Return products to VITEC locations in a timely fashion
Data Entry Requirements
• Assist in generating invoices for customer requisitions in the inventory system
• Assist in entry of vendor receiving documents in the inventory system
Inventory Management Requirements
•Assist in performing weekly inventory cycle counts
• Assist in performing counts during Wall-to-Wall inventories at site
•Follow established guidelines for vehicle and equipment maintenance
•Available to work at other site operations as needed
• Adhere to required procedures
• Provide 24-hour support at the city location during emergencies
• Travel to locations to pick up parts
• Assist with inventory research projects as requested
• Adhere to required procedures
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Driving, Lifting, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Walking
EEOC Statement: VITEC is an equal employment opportunity employer. DISCLAIMER: A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The information provided above is intended to be a representative of the essential functions performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. Pre-Hire Requirement: Background and Drug Screen will be administered once an offer has been presented as part of our New Hire policy and procedures AND Department of Motor Vehicle Record Request of Driving History. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) relating to this job title must be reviewed by the associate assigned to perform this job.